Modern Bamboo Strip Quilt is in Issue 14 of Make Modern

Have you seen the current issue of Make Modern that came out today?! I am so pleased that my Modern Bamboo Strip Quilt pattern is now out in the world in issue 14.


I enjoyed looking at all the beautiful photos of bamboo that came up on Google when I was finding inspiration for this quilt. Many of them had a green luminescent glow in the background from the sunlight coming through the bamboo leaves so that drove my decision to use Anna Maria Horner's "Loominous" fabric for the background strips.


The quilting really made the design in this case. I love the back as much as the front. I chose Cotton + Steel's double gauze for the backing and it is so soft and cozy!


The pattern includes templates for the optional appliqued stacked stones on the border. I chose Cotton + Steel's Panda fabric for the binding because Panda's eat bamboo!

This is a companion quilt to my "Modern Grass" strip quilt which is a free PDF pattern download when you sign up for my newsletter.


Grab your copy of Make Modern's Issue 14 to make this modern zen quilt that won't have you losing your zen as you make it.