A Christmas Quilt Finish

Hello! I am writing this evening from beneath this cozy Christmas Quilt that was just finished this afternoon. I started this quilt earlier in this week on a whim and got onto a roll with it so I have a Sunday finish!



This quilt is made using the "Vintage Holiday" quilt pattern that Camille Roskelley published in 2011. I've had the pattern since it came out and only just now sewed it.

I have a few quilts on the go including my Classic Swoon quilt. Bonnie and Camille (who's fabrics are featured in the blocks) ran a giveaway along with Moda Fabrics for the month of November on Instagram. To enter the giveaway contestants had to sew blocks using patterns from Bonnie or Camille and also the blocks had to use their fabrics. So I sewed one of my Soon blocks for my Classic Swoon quilt and I also started the Vintage Holiday Quilt to get some more blocks entered before the contest closed on November 30th.

You can see some of my blocks on Instagram and I have a few in this post as well.

This pattern calls for fat quarters but you can easily make the ornaments with scraps which is what I did. Since I wasn't even planning to make this quilt and just started it on a whim to enter the contest so I made it with fabrics I already had on hand in my sewing room.



These two blocks are a couple of my favourites. The Block above has a red from the "Handmade" line, the solid aqua is from the "Miss Kate" line and the aqua with tiny grey dots is from the "Ruby" line.

The block below is made with a fussy cut of the large focal print from the "Handmade" line.



I quilted the whole quilt from edge to edge with wavy lines.



The quilt is backed with a wide back of the red print from the Moda Grunge line by Basic Grey. Horray, no piecing in the backing! :)


Now I have another Christmas quilt in my collection and I am very happy with how it turned out. Even if I don't win a prize in the contest I'm glad I decided to enter and ended up with a finished quilt!